Every Friday, we'll send out some tips and tricks to help Realtors, buyers and sellers have a great weekend and maybe a better real estate experience wherever they are.
Here's this Friday's...Btw, today is National Chocolate Covered Raisins day. Yeah. It's a thing and it's....glorious. We here at HomePocket love Raisinets.
- Dashlane - Home buyers, sellers and Realtors beware. You're currently one of THE hot cybercrime targets. Secure all your passwords in an encrypted way and never type (or forget) another password again. The number one way criminals get into your email? Hacked passwords. Realtors, I know most of you log into about 20 different apps and websites each day. Think of the criminal opportunity - and the repeated passwords. C'mon, admit it.
- Apple Homekit - Homeowners, ever needed to unlock your doors on the way home in a torrential downpour? Wanna know when your handyman goes in and out of your home? Wanna eliminate keys? Dim lights, set timers for floodlights and TVs and more? Get it all and more for your Iphone. Awesome and easy,
- Encrypted email - Home buyers, sellers and Realtors, if you're sending email back and forth with sensitive info or attachments it's like leaving your purse or wallet on the hood of the car while you're in the mall. Encrypt it or get hit. It's easy with mail plugins like Virtru.
- Google Office Tools - Realtors, if you're not already using them, Google's suite of tools for email, calendars, video seminars, chat, shared docs, spreadsheets, and presentations (i.e. "powerpoints" if you're over 40), you should start learning them now. Google owns the internet, search, the phone market and much, much more. Its business suite is the way most new companies are working now for themselves and their customers, so you'll either adapt or become about as effective and enticing as moldy bread. Get smart on it all for $10 with a great and simple course from Udemy.
- Home price checker - Wanna know if the home you're looking at is over or under priced versus comparable homes within 5 miles of where it's located? Register here on any home listing and see if the price is too high or too low on each home. Plus, you get to also see how the schools are rated and reviewed by parents and others.
Have a good National Chocolate Covered Raisins day and, remember, don't keep em in your pocket. Bad things happen.
Realtors, are you updating your website each month? If not, it's probably no longer getting you leads. Find out:
About the Author
Jason Polancich is a founder and lead architect of HomePocket, a data-driven, residential real estate marketing and lead generation network making big data work practically and usefully for agents. Polancich also originally created SurfWatch Labs, a cyber analytics firm founded in 2013 that provides highly accurate, timely and actionable information to businesses regarding the cybercrime threats they face. Polancich is a serial entrepreneur focused on solving complex internet commerce, data analysis, and cyber-defense problems. Novii Design, a company he co-founded in 2005 with Rebekah Lewis-Polancich, was based on his contributions to cloud architectures, distributed computing, data analysis and systems integration. The company assisted the U.S. Intelligence Community and Department of Defense in building some of the largest data warehouse and analysis systems ever put into operation within the government and defense contracting sectors. Novii Design was sold to Six3/CACI in 2010.Follow on Twitter More Content by Jason Polancich