Every Friday, we'll send out some tips and tricks to help Realtors, buyers and sellers have a great weekend and maybe a better real estate experience wherever they are.
Here's this Friday's...Btw, today is Cesar Chavez Day celebrated in California and several other states for the activist who improved the lives of farm workers.
- Pawboost - Many times, when you buy a new home and move to a new neighborhood, your pets may not be acclimated and wander off. With this service, you can blast out an alert to all area shelters and use the power of the pet community near your new home on Facebook to find your lost loved one. It works, folks. Try it in those emergency times when your puddy or best friend has wandered off and become lost.
- Online Home Valuation - Unlike most forms designed to simply get your info, HomePocket's online home price tool leverages the power of its data warehouse to show you what a home (or your home) should expect as a baseline price based on ALL the competition that's currently on the market at any point in time within 5 miles. Good for buyers, sellers and Realtors too. You'll see an instant baseline price and then comparable homes so you know what the competition looks like (or other, better values!)
- Buffer - Agents, whether you want to believe it or not, your social media presence is critical. In fact, with Millennials/Gen Y and Gen X-ers all making it an important part of their day, if you're not out there and not current you're old news. And that's bad as over 50 trillion will change hands to the Millennials in the next decade or so. Use Buffer to link in all your social media accounts, then install their push-button browser plugin to add news and pages to it and schedule dozens of posts so you don't have to spend a lot of time posting. It's a huge time-saver and helps you get more visibility. Don't have ideas? Set up Google Search Alerts on topics that matter to your community of buyers and sellers (e.g. mortgages, market news, etc.) and add get an email every time new content shows up. Then just click and add to your buffer and it will go out on the social channels you choose!
- Life360 - Home buyers, when you move to a new city or neighborhood, it's good to know where crime is happening, track your teenagers so they're safe without being irritating to them and know where you are at all times so you get to work on time or don't miss important appointments. My family depends on Life360 and it will help yours too. The app really has become a "daily use" personal assistant. Check it out.
- Search Visibility Evaluator - Realtors, everyone pays a ton to get a new website and then thinks "everyone can now see me and my services!" Not true, at all. In fact, without the right search marketing configuration and coding, you are as visible as most of the trillions of stars you CANT see when you look up into the night sky. Stand out, get more leads. Improve your search visibility in Google, Bing and Yahoo with the right kind of website or you are invisible to home searchers and sellers. Find out instantly if your site is invisible by clicking the "Get a Site Scan Now" button on this page and get a detailed PDF that profiles how many searchers are landing on your page.
Have a good Friday out there everyone and be safe! Spring break is in full swing and Summer is around the corner...
About the Author
Jason Polancich is founder and lead architect of HomePocket, a data-driven, residential real estate marketing and listing network. Polancich also founded SurfWatch Labs, a cyber data analytics firm founded in 2013 that provides highly accurate, timely and actionable information to businesses regarding the cybercrime threats they face. Polancich is a serial entrepreneur focused on solving complex internet security and cyber-defense problems. Novii Design, a company he co-founded in 2005 with Rebekah Lewis-Polancich, was based on his contributions to cloud architectures, distributed computing, data analysis and systems integration. The company assisted the U.S. Intelligence Community and Department of Defense in building some of the largest data warehouse and analysis systems ever put into operation within the government and defense contracting sectors. Novii Design was sold to Six3 Systems in 2010.Follow on Twitter More Content by Jason Polancich